Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas!

It's our tradition to get out the Christmas decorations the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The kids are always so excited!




This is the 2nd yr that we've put the tree in the basement. It's so nice and cozy with the pellet stove going!


Each year I get them (at least one) new ornament featuring a favorite sport, hobby or just something that reminds me of them. This way, they will have lots of ornaments to take with them when they start out on their own.

Kelton got a soccer player. It even was his number from this fall!


Katie got Belle. I had her help me pick it out and it was quite painstaking trying to decide between this and Justin Bieber.


I had a hard time thinking of what to get Konnor because he doesn't particularly have any favorites yet. I saw this bear and thought it was perfect since we call him our little bear.


This was my attempt to get a photo of them all in front of the tree after we were finished. LOL


We also hung up our stockings.




Getting out the tree also means Hartzell, our Elf on the Shelf returns. Kelton reads the story and then we set him on the fire place and don't touch him again until we pack him away after Christmas as not to spoil his magic! {This obviously required matching jammies!}


He's been a funny little Elf this year....




Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture of all our elf antics. I do believe Kelton is becoming at little wise, but Katie is loving it and Konnor just loves whatever Katie loves. It's so much fun!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I always get the girls an ornament every year, too! It's fun already to look back and remember each one. I haven't gotten into the Elf on the Shelf so much, but it does look cute!

Retired teacher said...

Christmas is such a special time of the year - and the kids are so excited! I love it too!