Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day!

With all the birthdays this time of year, it's always easy for Valentine's Day to get lost in the mix. With some good planning and a couple late nights, there were plenty of treats and valentine fun to make it a special day!

Thankfully, Nana came to spend the day with Konny and I was able to get off work so I could make it to the lunch Banquet at Learn and Grow with Katie and Kelton's class party.

That also meant I wouldn't be getting in the shower at 5:30am, so I stayed up late making baked heart shaped chocolate donuts with raspberry glaze to surprise the kids for breakfast. The recipe was super delicious and very easy to make allergy friendly.


I left the donuts on the table with new Klean Kanteen water bottles for each of them. Katie was interested in her bottle but the boys were way more excited about their donuts!






Katie took strawberry rice krispie treats to Learn and Grow to share. Kelton took treats made with Fruity Pebbles. Marshmallow treats are no sweat to make allergy friendly, super quick and easy to make, plus the kids always love them. Can't go wrong there!


This year, Katie did sucker valentines too. These always turn out super cute and they have so much fun giving them to their friends.


I found this fun idea for soap valentines on pinterest. I made them for Kelton to hand out at school for his teacher, the office aides, nurse and principal.


With all the fun valentine ideas on pinterest,
I'm already looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

AF_wife said...

That sucker idea is SO CUTE! I've never seen that before!