Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

Some time ago, I ran across this recipe and saved it to make in the future. Then MSM, put this one on her menu plan. Last week one of the ladies at work talked about trying this one. Since it was something I'd been planning to do, I took that as a sign that it was time to try them.

Friday morning, Katie and I whipped up a batch. I looked at the 2nd and 3rd recipes, taking what I wanted from each. The results were yummy, but not quite right. I knew I could perfect it, which only took one more try.

They are super awesome, not to mention completely allergy friendly! This is my new go-to brownie recipe. I am so happy with how they turned out.



1 can of black beans**, drained but NOT rinsed
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup turbinado
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in blender or food processor, adding eggs last. Pour into 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30-40 min at 350.

Enjoy.
Even the whole pan if you want.
I know I ate 1/2 of ours. ;)

**I used organic canned black beans that only contain water, beans and sea salt. Check the ingredients before throwing in any old can of black beans.

4 comments:

April said...

Oooooh! I'll be trying those! Thanks.

momof4 said...

Mmmmmm. Those look good! I think I'll have to cook up a batch without telling anyone what is in them. :)

Lisa said...

I need to make these, like TONIGHT! Yum, yum, yum!

tamdoll said...

Just found this recipe, thanks for doing the texture fixing. I'm going to make these before my kids come home!