Thursday, February 24, 2011

Catching up...Snow fun, Valentine's Day, and a new babe!

This time of yr is a little crazy for us. We hardly get a break from xmas before we start in with bdays! Most of of my days are packed with things to do, which really piles up when Mommy gets sick!

Friday evening, I experienced my first allergic rxn. My face got red and swollen, I could feel my nasal passages swelling and then it got difficult to swallow. Thank goodness it didn't progress from there, but I do believe I'll be the next one in our family visiting the allergist. A couple days after that, Konny passed me his stomach virus, which really knocked me down. Now that I'm back to the land of the living, I thought I'd catch up on my blogging, not to mention, housework, laundry, bday party prep.....

I'm not sure how we seriously managed another snow day(2/9) just one week after the last one!?! Kelton was already asleep when we got the call, so the next morning, he came running up the stairs wondering why we hadn't woke him up for school.

We had a great time playing in the basement with the pellet stove going and in the afternoon, it warmed up to a sunny 25 so we ventured outside to play for awhile.






They made me "cakes". Love those imaginations!




Konny wasn't exactly excited about staying inside.


We warmed up with homemade hot chocolate when they decided it was time to come in. (More like when I forced them to finally come in with the promise of hot chocolate.)



If you leave your shoes out, Katie will wear them.


The next day, KS shattered record lows with temps like these....


In my life, I have never seen a temp that low in this area and I really have no desire to ever see it again. This is crazy KS and just a week later, the high was literally almost 100 degrees warmer and we did enjoy that weather!






Now that I have a 2nd Feb baby, it's super easy for Valentine's Day to get lost in the shuffle! Although we don't go all out with decorations or anything, we did have a lot of fun with our valentine's this year.

I helped Kelton make these to take to his classmates at school.


For just about a long as we've been using our daycare, I've sent toothbrushes for Valentine's Day, which works out great since February is also Children's Dental Health month.


This year, we also sent valentine's clips for the girls. I had so much fun making these and I have lots of fun ribbon to make more for Katie's birthday.


The next day, a very special little lady was born to our good friends. It was a great day, Mommy did amazing and baby is healthy and beautiful as can be! She's already been the recipient of lots of baby gear and big box of cute gymbo outfits. We can't wait to watch her grow and keep her styling in Buggy's hand me downs!


Speaking of Buggy, she turned 3 on Tue! I honestly feel like I've just blinked since E and I were both giant puddles of tears and happiness the day she was born. She's bursting with excitement for her princess party we're having this weekend. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Nana said...

Ready for another party!!??? We can't wait.. Love the video of Katie in the snow!!

momof4 said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! I hope everyone feels better and gets to enjoy the party this weekend.

I love you snow picts (and the ones showing the ground!) Some day I'm hoping all our snow will melt.

The girls all loved their new hairbows, you did a great job making them.

Laura said...

Wowee...this is a crazy time of year for you! Your Valentine's are all adorable! I love the little clips :)

Happy Birthday to your little lady! Hope the princess party was a success! Can't wait to see pictures!

Tina Michelle said...

OMG The cuteness!! I love that one of her in your shoes. I love that valentine you made and sending toothbrushes is such a great idea. Love the hair clips!

Aimee said...

You're awesome. Uh..the card with his hand holding the sucker?! what the heck? holy cute!!!!

hope you get some sunshine and rest soon, mama.
xo.