Saturday, March 22, 2014

Slainte! St. Patrick's Day 2014

For the past few years, St. Patrick's Day has been over spring break, so the week before I made sure to drop of little gifts for the secretaries and made fun little treats for the kids classes.



I also found some time to make some decorations with some scrap wood and my cricut.  The Irish one was for my mom and the LUCKY letters were for Eric's mom.



On the 15th, Kelton and I ran our first 5K of the year.  I ran with my friend, Stephanie, again.  This race last year was her first 5K ever. She bettered her time by almost 2 min!


That afternoon, I did my mom's nails for her.  I was so happy with how they came out!  Look at that shamrock!

Eric and I were able to go out to lunch and do a little shopping on the 16th.  We always go out to eat at Carlos O'Kelly's since that's where we all ate after our wedding.



St Patrick's Day was Irish Soda Bread, green milk, green eggs and of course, Corned Beef and Cabbage.




Anyone who knows me, knows it's not really a holiday without matching jammies!  I was so thrilled to find St.Patrick's ones for this year!

Already counting the days until next year!!

2 comments:

Retired teacher said...

The Lucky blocks were really cute and they sat on the counter looking lovely! Thanks for thinking of me! I guess I need to get braver with my Cricut...

momof4 said...

We loved all our green stuff and it looks like you guys had a day full of green fun! I'm sure all the teacher's love you and all the time you spend spoiling them!