Monday, June 28, 2010

What a weekend!!

Finally everyone was healthy for a whole weekend, so we made sure to make the most of it!!

Friday evening, I got some laps in at the pool and did the shopping so I wouldn't have to worry about it over the weekend.

I started at Walmart, spending $22.91 and saving $23.05. Batteries are so expensive. Almost half of this were just the 2 little packs of Rayovac!


Next was Target. Obviously, I'm a bit addicted to SoBe!
I spent $20.26 and saved $45.21.


Finally there was Dillon's, where I got the majority of our groceries. The total was quite a bit higher than normal, but this was 2 wks worth of shopping instead of just one. Since there was so much, there's no picture. I spent $92.16 and saved $78.01, plus I got a coupon for free milk with my next purchase!

Saturday morning when we got up and around, we headed out to pick strawberries. We had such a great time last year and the kids couldn't wait to go again! However, when we arrived at Sargeant's Berry Farm, we learned there weren't strawberries anymore, so we picked peaches instead!
Can't forget sunscreen!


Ready to start picking!!



It didn't take Kelton long to start tasting!



We picked TONS!!







We literally could not keep Katie off the ladder.
That girl has no fear!





Thirty some lbs of peaches later, we were finished!


After naptime, Katie and cousin Acacia got to make a trip to the mall to go to Build a Bear!


Acacia doesn't have a shy bone in her body and was ready to get her bunny made. Katie wanted a little help from Daddy.





They were too funny! It was great to listen to them chatter back and forth to each other even though we had no idea 1/2 of what they were saying!





The best was when we got back and they fought over Mimi....
"My Mimi!"...."No! My Mimi!"


After all the kiddos had finally hit the hay, E and I got to work on the peaches. What a freaking chore! After all was said and done we had two 4 cup freezer bags of sliced peaches, 2 batches of peach freezer jam and 8 pureed peach popsicles (I used some Sun Crystals to sweeten them a touch). I think our entire kitchen was sticky by the time we finished!



We definitely all slept good that night!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fresh peaches! YUM! :)
You are quite the coupon diva! I'm try to get there! :) Saved $40 @ Wally World last week and $20 at Dillons...I'm hooked!

momof4 said...

sounds like we should have gotten together this weekend!! My kitchen was a total disaster by the time I was done canning. The peaches looked good.

t. said...

what a fun looking weekend! and, wow, that's a lot of peaches!

Anonymous said...

I can't want to try your peach jam!! I'm glad that Katie and Acacia had such a fun time together. Savannah and I can't wait for Friday :)

Nana said...

Yummy peaches!! I'm looking forward to some of that jam :) I'm sure the kids will have a great 4th of July including E....